Follow are some troubleshooting tips to assist in connecting to the on-campus wireless network.
Depending upon your device and operating system version, the below steps may slightly vary, particularly with Android devices.
Depending upon your operating system, these options can be found under Settings & Network
WiFi - there is toggle/slide button
Airplane mode - is generally a plane icon that you activate/deactivate
How To Confirm Details - It is critical that you test/verify your details (remember your usernames can vary, so check the how-to; SCU, TAFE & CHSC), test on the student or staff portal; SCU, TAFE & CHSC
What To Do Next;
|Test - Other Devices||Test - Another Person's Details On Same Device|
If your details don't work, it's possible your last password change didn't synchronize your password across all systems, so you'll need to reset your password.
Also, at times some passwords resets can take 5-10mins to update.
If someone else's details work on your device, then reset your password. How To Reset Password;
If the other person's details also don't work, then;
- Reboot your computer to see if any updates have been downloaded/installed
- Did you change any of your passwords recently?
If this doesn't work, then;
For TAFE - you may have proxy settings to add, double check the setup guide
All others - maybe you have some manual settings from another network you connect to, for example, manual IP/DNS/Proxy or VPN settings; these may need to be altered/removed
You are running an outdated, unsupported and insecure operating system from Microsoft, Windows 7. We recommend you upgrade, maybe visit a computer repair store.
Your device maybe able to connect to other wireless networks as they are insecure networks.
- It will automatically connect you with the correct settings and passwords
- If you've changed your password - then you'll need to restart the computer with the LAN cable plugged-in/connected to the dock in your office. This will then automatically update settings and passwords
- If you haven't plugged into the LAN network for a while (over 2 weeks), then you'll need to leave it connected for a number of hours (recommended to leave overnight) - for critical system & security updates and to maintain software licensing
- If you can't access some corporate websites and systems when on WiFi, then you'll need to connect to VPN - SCU, TAFE
The setup uses a different version of the username. SCU please see Getting started with eduroam guide.
If you are from a visiting organisation to our campuses you need to contact your Technology Services department your setup configuration and passwords are totally separate to ours. Please refer to https://www.eduroam.edu.au/eduroam-for-users/