This configuration typically only needs to be done once - your settings will be saved, and you will just need to connect to the TAFENSW access point in the future.
The step-by-step instructions are available from TAFENSW Wireless Information Portal
To connect to the TAFENSW wireless network, you need to know your TAFE credentials, e.g. firstname.lastname?. These are the same details you use for the Student/Staff Portal + Email + Moodle.
Username Format =
?: this means some people have a number but not everyone
Password = same as you use to access TAFE email + portal
Please ensure you've checked the following;
- Check Your Details - Test your password via http://my.tafensw.edu.au and when you go to connect to WiFi your username is your full email address. Especially if you've had your TAFE password changed recently for another TAFE system e.g. portal)
- Proxy Settings - need proxy settings added, re-check the settings at TAFENSW Wireless Information Portal
- Operating System Updates - we've found depending upon what updates are pending, these need to be installed
- TAFENSW Help and FAQ
- Wireless Troubleshooting Tips
- Connected to a non-TAFE network (e.g. at home) and can't browse the Internet? you need to turn the manual proxy settings off see