To view and print comments and feedback in a pdf file open it in Adobe Reader.
If you encounter issues with opening or filling in a PDF file please try these solutions:
- Right click the .pdf and choose save link a and choose to where you'd like to save the file. You can then open the saved file in Adobe Reader
- Use another web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome
- Ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader (available here)
- Check your internet connection and firewall settings
- Contact the PDF owner for a different version of the file (Word document, plain text, etc.)
Many forms on the SCU website are fillable. This means that you can add data, electronic signatures, or images into the form fields. If you find the form is not saving the data you've added to your PDF form, please make sure that you haven't opened your PDF in the browser.
To prevent the Browser Viewer opening PDF documents by default, the “plugin” needs to be disabled. The instructions below should work with the three most common Browsers, Chrome, Mozilla (Firefox) and IE- Internet Explorer.
- Open a new browser tab and type chrome://plugins/ and hit enter
- Locate Chrome PDF Viewer and click Disable
- Close the tab
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Plugins panel
- Select the Adobe Acrobat
- Select Never Activate in its drop-down menu
- Close the tab
- Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar
- Tap or click the Tools 'button, and then tap or click Manage add-ons
- Under Show, tap or click All add-ons, and look for Adobe PDF Reader
- If Adobe PDF Reader is visible, tap or click Disable, and then tap or click Close
- If Adobe PDF Reader is not visible, under Show, tap or click Run without permission, and look for Adobe PDF Reader
- Tap or click Disable, and then tap or click Close
Once the Browser PDF Viewer has been disabled, the document can be downloaded to the computer, double clicked to open in Adobe Reader, and the comments will be visible and printable.