This article will explain connecting and using multiple monitor screens (display) with a computer.
Step 1: After connecting all the cables
- It's worth a double check they're FIRMLY plugged in
- See "I Have a Laptop and a Docking Station" under New Computer - Getting Started Guide.
Step 2: Power on the computer and monitors
Step 3: On the keyboard, hold down Windows + P
Step 4: A small window should open, then you select Extend
If your mouse doesn't move seamlessly across the multiple screens, you need to change the order: How to use multiple monitors in Windows (microsoft.com), under the "Rearrange your displays" heading.
Plugged Laptop Back into Dock & Blank Monitors
If you're using a laptop with a dock and after reconnecting the laptop and displays not coming up:
- Power Off/Shutdown the computer
- Un-plug power from the dock for 20 seconds
- Plug the power back into the dock
- Power On the laptop
Laptop Screen Lid Open/Closed
We've already modified the power settings for your laptop to have the laptop screen/lid open or closed.