During your Collaborate session you have options to share files, documents and links with students, but you also may want them to have copies of these items. There is no direct way to do this in Collaborate Ultra for the Share files option, but there are some ways you can still achieve this.
You will need to....
- Open the purple arrow tab in the bottom right corner.
- Click on the share icon.
Student access to PowerPoints
- If you want your students to have access to your PowerPoints you will need to set up a folder in Blackboard for each tutorial to improve your students’ learning experience.
- You can open your unit in two browsers so you can see content in your class and be in the Collaborate session at the same time.
- This allows you to share where the folder link sits in Blackboard by copying the URL address and pasting it into the Collaborate Ultra Chat window.
Sharing files and links
- Sharing files and links will also need to be done creatively.
- If there is a specific video or journal article students have found and want to share they can paste the link into Chat for everyone to copy.
- Ask someone in the tutorial to make a list of the shared links and resources so they can then email the list to you and you can put them in the tutorial folder.
Remember that everyone can share links to videos, journals and websites which, if framed correctly, is a good way to get students involved.