Create a new session for each lecture or tutorial or set up an open ongoing session.
Watch the Video overview to see how to do this.
Setting up session details
- Add a session a name (1) e.g. Tutorial week 1.
- Choose whether guests are allowed by clicking on Guest access (2).
Note: the Guest access button only appears after you have given the session a name.
Set a time and date for Start (3) and End (4).
Note: Early entry is advised so that students can ensure they are ready for the start of the session; the standard is 15 minutes.
If you only want an open session, click on the Open session; a start date for the time and day created will appear with no end date.
- Remember to name your sessions and recordings with enough details so students can tell what topics are covered in the session recording e.g. Module 1 Lecture - Acceleration.
- Click on Session Settings (5) to access additional settings for your new session. Check the following options:
a. Default role is Participant.
b. Allow recording downloads.
c. Choose what participants can do.
- Click the save button to create the session (6).