Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing tool for online meetings, similar to Skype.
Watch the video overview to see what it looks like.
You will need....
- An internet connection - wired, where possible, or a good wi-fi connection.
- A desktop or laptop computer with webcam and audio headset (laptops usually come with both). A USB headset is preferable.
- Or a smartphone or other mobile device. (See below on using a mobile device to access Collaborate Ultra.)
To join the session
Use the Google Chrome browser. Other browsers can be used but Chrome will result in the best experience.
1. Before joining the session
- Connect your headset, microphone or speakers before clicking the link.
- Check your audio and video works in Collaborate Ultra well ahead of the session.
- You can find instructions for testing your audio and video at https://utlv.screenstepslive.com/s/faculty/m/54123/l/694478-editing-audio-video-settings and you can log in to a session and test your connections at: https://au.bbcollab.com/guest/f14a4f24fe814d00892767b7158bd6ac
- Click the webinar link. The first time you open it you will be asked to check your audio and camera.
- Allow a few minutes before the start of the session to log in.
2. Join the session through your MySCU
|Log into Blackboard and click on the Collaborate Ultra link on the side menu bar, then click on the session you need to access.|
Click on the Join session button or dial in using the phone conferencing number provided. You only have audio access if you phone in.
Access using a mobile device
You can use the Bb Student app on your mobile device to join a Collaborate session.
Follow this link for information on joining Bb Collaborate using a mobile device.
Note: You will need a reliable and strong wi-fi signal (be aware of your mobile data allowance if you use a 3G or 4G connection) and make sure your device is fully charged.