After creating a session, you can upload your PowerPoints/PDF or share your screen and then record your lecture. Make sure that you have planned out these lectures so that you provide the best student experience.
Watch the Video overview to see how to do this.
You will need to.....
- Click into your Collaborate Ultra Session.
- Open the purple arrow tab in the bottom right corner
Upload your PowerPoint
- You can add a presentation as either a PowerPoint or a PDF. Best practice is to load as a PDF so that you maintain all the pre-set formatting on each slide.
- Remember that animation does not stay when you upload a PowerPoint presentation. If you want to keep your animation then you will need to share your screen.
- To switch between sharing different content use the share content button at the top of the screen to see all of your choices.
Share your screen
- Sharing your screen allows you to run your PowerPoint through the PowerPoint application which means that all of your animations and links will work.
- Once you have shared your application you will run your PowerPoint as normal.
- NB: Always remember to click the share audio (1) at the bottom of the share application window or students will not be able to hear any of the audio embedded in your PowerPoint or any videos you are sharing.
Record your lecture
- Now you’re ready to record your lecture. Click the record button; don’t forget to stop the recording when you are finished. Remember to speak clearly and use a good USB headset to improve your students’ experience.