H5P (HTML5 Package) is a collection of HTML5 tools that allows for easy-to-use, engaging and responsive interaction creation. Without the need for a development team or designers, anyone can create interactions such as:
- Accordion content
- Image Hotspots
- Flip cards
- Drag and drop interactions
- Memory games
Content presentation tools include:
- Virtual Tours: navigate and interact in a 3D virtual space.
- Branching Scenarios: students can choose a path similar to a 'choose your own adventure' book.
- Image sliders: present multiple images as a gallery or slideshow.
- Interactive videos: add multiple-choice questions to YouTube videos.
Please view the short presentation below to learn more about H5P (adapted from H5P.org).
Why use H5P?
Adding interactive components to unit materials is an effective way to engage your user in a meaningful interaction. This interaction can help students to engage with the content and create deeper learning outcomes. The inclusion of these types of interactions can also contribute to students proactively seeking out and engaging with unit material on a more regular basis. Interactives can also provide valuable and timely feedback to students, ensuring that they are able to understand and apply concepts.
Your Centre for Teaching & Learning support team can suggest ways to incorporate HP5 into your teaching practice.
- HP5 Website - Official HP5 site for all things HP5. Here you will find examples and documentation. This is H5P's .org site. Content to be deployed in Blackboard should not be developed here.
Wilkie, S. et al. (2018). Considerations for Designing H5P Online Interactive Activities. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335232413_Considerations_for_Designing_H5P_Online_Interactive_Activities
- Wilkie, S. et al. (June 2017). Integration of H5P Online Learning Activities to Increase Student Success. [Paper presentation]. The Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia (HERDS), Sydney, Australia. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335233744_Integration_of_H5P_Online_Learning_Activities_to_Increase_Student_Success